Thursday, October 22, 2009

Meet the winners - Lina!



My foxy neighbor Carlina, Lina, brought home a double victory. She won both the Running into October AND the Fridays vs Sundays challenge. (In picture above, Lina transports herself in her favorite mode, by letting someone else do the running for her).

She stormed in to our bookclub last week, fuming cause someone had beat her to the win. Turns out that someone was herself!

My 12,6 kilometers seemed like they were all wasted when I thought they hadn't registered. I'm a competitive person. When I lose, I can get a bit bitter.

Where do you run?
Mostly in the forest, sometimes I run in the streets. And I've recently taken up running at the running track!

How far and how often do you run?
No matter what, I try to run 3 times a week. Since a few weeks back, I run at least 10 k each time I go running. It's taken me a year to run that distance comfortably.

What's your goal when it comes to running?
Getting in (even better) shape, to be by myself, to get some fresh air. To be honest I'd also like to get more of a long distance runner's body, but I think I have to let go of that goal.

What would you like to say to people who can't make it out the door?
Try to think of the running as a promise to yourself and a competition against yourself. Think of your body like a machine, your head just happens to sit on top of this fantastic running machine. And remember that you'll feel so much better once you're out running and even better when you're done.

THANKS LINA!

No comments: